Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Riserva Scarnocchio DOCG


Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Riserva Scarnocchio DOCG
Winery: Monte Del Fra
Region: Veneto
Grape: 80% Corvina Veronese, Corvinone, 20% Rondinella.
Production Area: Fumane (VR)
Appellation: DOCG Amarone della Valpolicella Riserva
Serving Temperature: 16° – 18° C.
Alcohol Strength: 15,5%

Download Technical Sheet

Social Share this page to your friends…


Originally intended as a wine to sip after dinner, but it also goes well with rich, full-flavored dishes such as game and aged and very piquant

Lena di Mezzo is an entirely terraced estate of 18 hectares that lies in the heart of Fumane, a splendid hilly zone with tufaceous, clay and limestone soils, in which we work to stand out full the interdependence between the terroir and the indigenous grape varieties that are the unique heritage of the area around Verona. Vinification: Gentle crushing and destemming of the grapes takes place, depending on the vintage, between the end of January and the beginning of March, and fermentation in small, temperature-controlled truncated cone shaped stainless steel vats is started off by indigenous yeasts in order to really highlight the specific organoleptic qualities of the grapes from the Scarnocchio cru. The fermentation is a slow one, with long maceration on the skins to allow for maximum extraction of the typical complex aromatic and polyphenolic components. Following the alcoholic fermentation, the wine goes directly into oak casks and barriques where it completes its malolactic fermentation. After the summer pouring 90% of Amarone Scarnocchio perfects almost 24 months into 30 hl oak casks and the rest 10% into oak Barrique. After bottling comes the sharpening for at least 14 months.

Tasting Notes:
Colour: Deep ruby red with garnet highlights. Nose: Floral and ripe fruit notes, such as cherries (both fresh and under spirits), plums, dried rose, cocoa, tobacco, liquorice and leather; spices, such as pepper and cinnamon; hints of undergrowth. Flavor: Extremely complex, but at the same time well-balanced, velvety and robust, dry, full-bodied, generous and austere.





There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Riserva Scarnocchio DOCG”

You may also like…

Experienced Producers
Flexible Delivery
Enquires Support
Quality Control
Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top